Pictures courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.
FREE Afterschool Program for Kids!
American Diabetes Association's Project Power brings all the fun and excitement of a virtual afterschool program right to you and your family.
Kids ages 5–12 will make new friends and participate in age-appropriate physical activity challenges and nutrition education, so they’re prepared to make healthy lifestyle choices.
This FREE, at-home afterschool experience is designed to keep our community healthy no matter what. It starts with a special Project Power box and Activity Journal delivered right to your door.
Kids can participate in fun, interactive activities they’ll love, including:
• Participating in games, friendly competitions and interactive discussions
• Connecting with their friends and counselors for an hour twice a week
• Being part of a virtual “group” with youth from around the country
• Coordinating fun activities for the whole family—there will be something for everyone!
How It Works:
- Project Power is facilitated virtually or in-person to groups of children ages 5-12.
- The program includes six sessions (30 min-1 hour each) and can be scheduled in a way that works for your group's space and schedule.
- Kids receive an Activity Kit prior to the start of the program. This kit includes a FREE t-shirt, water bottle, jump rope, Activity Journal and more! These items are to be used throughout the program and beyond to jumpstart fun, daily, healthy habits!
- As a trained Community Partner and Trainer for the Project Power program, Adrienne Edge will lead your group through the program’s curriculum.
Want to learn more?