Pictures courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.
FREE Afterschool Program for Kids!
American Diabetes Association's Project Power brings all the fun and excitement of a virtual afterschool program right to you and your family.
Kids ages 5–12 will make new friends and participate in age-appropriate physical activity challenges and nutrition education, so they’re prepared to make healthy lifestyle choices.
This FREE, afterschool experience is designed to keep our community healthy no matter what. It starts with a special Project Power box and Activity Journal delivered right to your door.
How It Works:
• Project Power is facilitated virtually or in-person to groups of children ages 5-12.
- The program includes six sessions (30 min-1 hour each) and can be scheduled in a way that works for your group's space and schedule.
• Kids receive an Activity Kit prior to the start of the program. This kit includes a FREE t-shirt, water bottle, jump rope, Activity Journal and more! These items are to be used throughout the program and beyond to jumpstart fun, daily, healthy habits!
• As a trained Community Partner and Trainer for the Project Power program, Adrienne Edge will lead your group through the program’s curriculum.
Kids can participate in fun, interactive activities they’ll love, including:
• Participating in games, friendly competitions and interactive discussions
• Connecting with their friends and counselors for an hour twice a week
• Being part of a virtual “group” with youth from around the country
• Coordinating fun activities for the whole family—there will be something for everyone!
Want to learn more?